The Ethernet system with 16 digital I/O MSX-E1516 has 16 digital inputs/outputs with status LEDs, 24 V, and 1 digital 24 V trigger input. The inputs and outputs can be parameterised as paris of inputs our outputs and have an event logic. The system was especially developed for the direct acquisition and calculation of I/O signals close to the test object in the harsh industrial environment and has a robust normed metal housing with the degree of protection IP 65. It has an extended temperature range from -40°C to +85°C. The ARM®9 32-bit processor allows the calculation of the acquired values. The Development Mode allows to customise applications individually. Through synchro connection, several MSX-E systems can be cascaed and synchronised with one another in the µs range. The system is also available as MSX-E1516-NPN version.
- 24 V digital trigger input
- ARM®9 32-bit processor
- 64 MB onboard SDRAM for storing data
- Robust standardized metal housing
- Power Save Mode: Reduced power consumption when no acquisition runs
- 8 x 2 digital lines, 24 V, which can be parameterised as pairs of inputs or outputs
- Shutdown logic
- Watchdog for resetting the outputs to “0“
- At Power-On the outputs are set to ”0“
- Electronic fuse
- Dual LED for each 24 V digital I/O with direction indication
- Status LEDs for fast error diagnostics
- Optical isolation 1000 V
- Overtemperature and reverse voltage protection
- Internal temperature monitoring
- Filters on all inputs (software-programmable)
- Short-circuit protection
- Overvoltage protection 30 V
- Electronic fuse
- Fast 24 V trigger input
- Ethernet switch with 2 ports
- Synchronisation/trigger In/Out
- Line in for 24 V supply and cascading
- Web server (configuration and monitoring)
- Command server SOAP for transferring commands
- Data server (TCP/IP or UDP socket) for sending acquisition data
- Event server (TCP/IP socket) for sending system events (Diagnostics such as temperature, short-circuits …)
- Command server Modbus TCP and Modbus (UDP) for sending commands
Several MSX-E systems can be synchronised with one another in the µs range through a synchro connection. This allows to start a synchronous data acquisition, to
generate trigger events and to synchronise the time on several MSX-E systems. Furthermore, the systems have a time stamp that logs the point in time at which the data was acquired by the system.
The combination of synchronisation and time stamp (TS) allows the clear allocation of signals that were captured by several systems.
With the asynchronous acquisition, the digital inputs can be read out via SOAP or Modbus function. For each function call, the values of one channel are transmitted.
With the synchronous acquisition, the inputs are first initialised and then the acquisition is parameterised. The acquisition runs automatically depending from a trigger source. Either the 24V trigger input or a synchro trigger can be used as trigger source
Onboard programming / stand-alone operation
With the Development mode of the MSX-E systems you can customise your measurement, control and regulation applications to fit your requirements. The programs run directly on the MSX-E systems, which has two advantages: external PCs are relieved and you can process data freely according to your requirements. This helps you to improve the efficiency of your processes and to secure your investments.
The MSX-E1516 Ethernet system has a 16-bit watchdog which can be programmed in 3 time units (µs, ms, s). The watchdog is used for automatically resetting the digital outputs to 0 V after a defined time in order e. g. to switch off actuators if an error has occurred.
The ConfigTools program allows an easy administration of the MSX-E systems. These are automatically detected in the network. ConfigTools
consists of common and specific functions. In addition, with ConfigTools, the complete configuration of a MSX-E system can be saved and transferred to another system of the same type (clone function). ConfigTools is included in the delivery
ConfigTools functions for MSX-E3011:
- Change of IP address
- Display of web interface
- Firmware update
- Save/load system configuration
- Save/load channel configuration
- Monitor for analog inputs
Accessories for Ethernet Systems
The diameter between the gear teeth shall be measured. Therefore the gear wheel is put on a measurement table with a ball for stopping.
A manufacturer of wind power plants is looking for the reason of repeated breakdowns of wind turbines.
The condition of a gas tank needs to be supervised. If a gas leak is detected, an alarm has to be activated