The PCI-Express interface APCIe-7500 is configured by inserting SI modules which the board identifies automatically. The interface can be configured through modules in the following modes: RS232, RS422, RS485 (with optical isolation) and 20 mA current loop. The board is especially suited for data acquisition and industrial process control, for direct connection of sensors, for multi-user systems, as PLC interface, for multidrop applications, for modem and printer control, etc. Drivers for Windows and Linux as well as programming samples are included.
The APCIe-7500 communication board is configured by inserting SI modules which the board identifies automatically. The interface can be configured through modules in the following modes: RS232, RS422, RS485 and current loop (with optical isolation). The SI modules with optical isolation allow a protection
of up to 1000 V for the use in noisy environments where ground loops can occur. The I/O lines are protected against short-circuits, fast transients, electrostatic discharge and high-frequency EMI. The interface is supported through a 128-byte FIFO buffer for sending and receiving data and guarantees reliable operation at high transfer rates.
- Asynchronous communication adapter
- Modular mounting through SI modules: 4 sockets for 4-port serial interface
- Can be configured as RS232, RS422, RS485, 20 mA
Current Loop (active, passive), with optical isolation through separate SI modules
- Automatic addressing through BIOS
- Automatic module identification
- UART 16C950, downward compatible to 16C450
- 128-byte FIFO buffer for sending and receiving data
- Programmable transfer rate
- 5-, 6-, 7- or 8-bit character
- 1, 1½ or 2 stop bits
- Parity: even, odd or none
- Automatic transmitter control for RS485 and transmitter control through FIFO level
- Common interrupt
- SI modules with optical isolation 1000 V
- Creeping distance IEC 61010-1 (VDE411-1)
- Protection against fast transients (Burst)
- Short-circuit protection for RS422 and RS485
- Internal diagnostic possibility, break, parity, overrun and framing error
- Industrial serial communication
- Data acquisition
- Multi-user systems
- PLC interface
- Multidrop applications
- Modem and printer control, etc
A CD containing standard drivers as well as programming samples (source code or compiled) for different programming environments is supplied with the board.
This software can also be downloaded for free from our website (www.addi-data.com/downloads). Software for other operating systems and programming
environments is available on request.
Accessories for PC Boards