The Ethernet analog input system MSX-E3027 has 16 analog differential inputs, 16-bit, voltage or current inputs. The system was developed for long-term measurement in the harsh industrial environment, even under hardest conditions. It has a robust normed metal housing with the degree of protection IP 67 and a temperature range from -25°C to +85°C. The ARM®9 32-bit processor allows the calculation of the acquired values. The Development Mode allows to customise applications individually. Through synchro connection, several MSX-E systems can be cascaed and synchronised with one another in the µs range.
- 24 V digital trigger input
- ARM®9 32-bit processor
- 64 MB onboard SDRAM for storing data
- Robust standardized metal housing
- Power Save Mode: Reduced power consumption when no acquisition runs
- 16 diff. inputs, 16-bit, 5-pin M12 female connector
- Sampling frequency max. 100 kHz, up to 4 simultaneous channels
- Input ranges: ± 5 V, ± 10 V (16-bit) | 0-5 V, 0-10 V (15-bit)
- Gain PGA x1, x2, x10, x20, x100, x200, x1000, x2000 software-programmable, signals up to +/-5mV (16-bit) are possible
- Current inputs optional
- Status LEDs for fast error diagnostics
- Optical isolation
- Input filters
- Overvoltage protection ± 40 V
- Internal temperature monitoring
- Fast 24 V trigger input
- Ethernet switch with 2 ports
- Synchronisation/trigger In/Out
- Line in for 24 V supply and cascading
- Web server (configuration and monitoring)
- Command server SOAP for transferring commands
- Data server (TCP/IP or UDP socket) for sending acquisition data
- Event server (TCP/IP socket) for sending system events (Diagnostics such as temperature, short-circuits …)
- Command server Modbus TCP and Modbus (UDP) for sending commands
Several MSX-E systems can be synchronised with one another in the µs range through a synchro connection. This allows to start a synchronous data acquisition, to
generate trigger events and to synchronise the time on several MSX-E systems. Furthermore, the systems have a time stamp that logs the point in time at which the data was acquired by the system.
The combination of synchronisation and time stamp (TS) allows the clear allocation of signals that were captured by several systems.
In auto-refresh mode, the measurement values are updated automatically after each acquisition. The acquisition is initialised once and the values of the channels are stored in the memory of the MSX-E Ethernet system. The client (e.g. PC, server, PLC, …) reads the acquired values asynchronously to the acquisition through socket connection, SOAP or Modbus function. Thereby, the new value is read and the old values are overwritten. In addition to the measurement values, the auto-refresh counter can also be read, which allows to sort the measurement values chronologically. The auto-refresh mode can be combined with a hardware or a synchro trigger and also allows the automatic averaging of values.
In sequence mode, a list of channels is acquired. Thereby, the single measurement rows are stored one after another. The client receives the acquired values asynchronously to the acquisition through a socket connection. In the sequence mode, the measurement values are read in chronological order, this means the oldest values are read first. The acquisition can be effected continuously, with or without delay or in combination with a hardware or synchro trigger.
Onboard programming / stand-alone operation
With the Development mode of the MSX-E systems you can customise your measurement, control and regulation applications to fit your requirements. The programs run directly on the MSX-E systems, which has two advantages: external PCs are relieved and you can process data freely according to your requirements. This helps you to improve the efficiency of your processes and to secure your investments.
Buffered real-time clock
The MSX-E3027 system features a buffered real-time clock (SuperCap). This clock keeps on running 4 weeks after the MSX-E system has been switched off. After a new start, the system time is still the current time.
The ConfigTools program allows an easy administration of the MSX-E systems. These are automatically detected in the network. ConfigTools
consists of common and specific functions. In addition, with ConfigTools, the complete configuration of a MSX-E system can be saved and transferred to another system of the same type (clone function). ConfigTools is included in the delivery
ConfigTools functions for MSX-E3011:
- Change of IP address
- Display of web interface
- Firmware update
- Save/load system configuration
- Save/load channel configuration
- Monitor for analog inputs
Accessories for Ethernet Systems