The Ethernet system for temperature measurement MSX-E3211 has 16/8/4 differential inputs, 24 bit, for thermocouples or RTD (Pt100, Pt1000). Up to 8 channels can be acquired simultaneously. The system was developped for fast measurement directly at the sensor in the harsh industrial environment. It has a robust normed metal housing with the degree of protection IP 65 and an extended temperature range from -40°C to +85°C. The ARM®9 32-bit processor allows the calculation of the acquired values. The Development Mode allows to customise applications individually. Through synchro connection, several MSX-E systems can be daisy-chained and synchronised with one another in the µs range.
- 24 V digital trigger input
- ARM®9 32-bit processor
- 64 MB onboard SDRAM for storing data
- Robust standardized metal housing
- Power Save Mode: Reduced power consumption when no acquisition runs
- 16/8/4 differential inputs for thermocouples or RTD, 24-bit
- Sampling frequency max. 788 Hz/channel (max. 8/4/2 channels simultaneously)
- Auto gain: Optimal adjustment of the gain to the measuring range
- Integrated cold junction compensation (CJC) for thermocouples
- NTC sensors optional
- Status LEDs for fast error diagnostics
- Optical isolation
- Input filters
- Fast 24 V trigger input
- Ethernet switch with 2 ports
- Synchronisation/trigger In/Out
- Line in for 24 V supply and cascading
- Web server (configuration and monitoring)
- Command server SOAP for transferring commands
- Data server (TCP/IP or UDP socket) for sending acquisition data
- Event server (TCP/IP socket) for sending system events (Diagnostics such as temperature, short-circuits …)
- Command server Modbus TCP and Modbus (UDP) for sending commands
Several MSX-E systems can be synchronised with one another in the µs range through a synchro connection. This allows to start a synchronous data acquisition, to
generate trigger events and to synchronise the time on several MSX-E systems. Furthermore, the systems have a time stamp that logs the point in time at which the data was acquired by the system.
The combination of synchronisation and time stamp (TS) allows the clear allocation of signals that were captured by several systems.
In auto-refresh mode, the measurement values are updated automatically after each acquisition. The acquisition is initialised once and the values of
the channels are stored in the memory of the MSX-E Ethernet system. The client (e.g. PC, server, PLC, …) reads the acquired values asynchronously to the acquisition through socket connection, SOAP or Modbus function. Thereby, the new value is read and the old values are overwritten. In addition to the measurement values, the auto-refresh counter can also be read, which allows to sort the measurement values chronologically. The auto-refresh mode can be combined with a hardware or a synchro trigger and also allows the automatic averaging of values.
In sequence mode, a list of channels is acquired. Thereby, the single measurement rows are stored one after another. The client receives the acquired values asynchronously to the acquisition through a socket connection. In the sequence mode, the measurement values are read in chronological order, this means the oldest values are read first. The acquisition can be effected continuously, with or without delay or in combination with a hardware or synchro trigger
Onboard programming / stand-alone operation
With the Development mode of the MSX-E systems you can customise your measurement, control and regulation applications to fit your requirements. The programs run directly on the MSX-E systems, which has two advantages: external PCs are relieved and you can process data freely according to your requirements. This helps you to improve the efficiency of your processes and to secure your investments.
The ConfigTools program allows an easy administration of the MSX-E systems. These are automatically detected in the network. ConfigTools
consists of common and specific functions. In addition, with ConfigTools, the complete configuration of a MSX-E system can be saved and transferred to another system of the same type (clone function). ConfigTools is included in the delivery
ConfigTools functions for MSX-E3011:
- Change of IP address
- Display of web interface
- Firmware update
- Save/load system configuration
- Save/load channel configuration
- Monitor for analog inputs
Accessories for Ethernet Systems
A manufacturer of wind power plants is looking for the reason of repeated breakdowns of wind turbines.
The motors and generators of a submarine shall be permanently monitored to avoid overheating.